Donuts and Dogs 5K Fun Run
Register by May 6 to get your t-shirt!
Thank you to our promotional sponsors!
Register for APL's annual Donuts and Dogs 5K Fun Run to benefit the lifesaving work and the animals of the Animal Protective League! Join us June 3rd at Southwind Park. Registration is $30 for adults and $15 for children under 12. Register by May 6th to get your race t-shirt!
Register for our 5K times run if you are a serious runner or join our 5K fun run/walk!
Pre-registration is required. Bring your sociable, well-behaved dog (must be up-to-date on all vaccinations, have proof of a current rabies vaccine and be at least four months of age). Don't forget to dress your best for our costume contest!
Don't want to race yourself but still want to help? Sponsor a Compass for Kids Student for $30! Students will receive a race swag bag and an event t-shirt. You will receive a personalized thank you letter from your student!
All proceeds go to help animals in APL’s Care!
You must pre-register for the race by June 1st at midnight. There will be no on-site registration this year.
June 2 - Race Packet Distribution
4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. at APL
June 3 - Race Day
9:00 a.m. Visit with our Vendors. Limited race day packet distribution (no on-site registration)
9:30 a.m. Costume Contest
10:00 a.m. Timed Race
10:30 a.m. Award Ceremony for Costume Contest and Timed Race
11:00 a.m. Fun Run/Walk
12:00 p.m. Event Ends
There will be lots of vendors along with free activities including doggie massages, doggie cooling pools, and much more from 9 a.m. to Noon p.m. There will even be treats for people and dogs alike! (Donuts provided by Mel-O-Creme)
Race Prize Categories
Overall 1st Place 5K Female
Overall 1st Place 5K Male
Overall Canine – 1st Canine across the finish line
Overall 1st Place 12 and Under Female
Overall 1st Place 12 and Under Male
Participation medals for all race participants
Costume Contest - Best Costume
Here are the ways you can get involved:
- Race! $30 Pre-registration required.
- Sponsor a Compass for Kids Student for $30! Students will receive a race swag bag and an event t-shirt. You will receive a personalized thank you letter from your student!
- Set up a fundraising page! Whether you are a racer or just want to fundraise, you can create individual and team fundraising pages online! Ask your friends, family and co-workers to donate on your behalf.
- Volunteer at the event! Contact Mary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be a sponsor or vendor! Contact Jeff at 217-544-7387 or email@example.com
Thank you to all our 2023 Donuts & Dogs Sponsors
Doggie Pool/Cool Down Sponsors
Bank of Springfield
Heartland Credit Union
R Watts Electric